Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Promise of Summer

Nothing gets you through revision and the exam period quite like the promise of a night out. For me June 21st holds a massive significance as on that day I shall once again be braving the sick strewn streets of Wigan. I paint it out to be a disgusting mess but in truth I love it. There's something about the buzz of being out around town that gives you a sense of freedom and ecstasy! You saw my post referencing my first ever night on the cobbles but this upcoming night out promises to be better. College will have officially finished for 2nd years all across the north west meaning so many people I know will be out and about; hopefully meaning I can drunkenly embarrass myself whilst seeing old friends, and hopefully not remembering it in the morning.

However, it is not just this night out I have to keep me going. I have two more drunken events in the following week and then: my trip to Spain. Finally, after months of begging, my mother relented and has allowed to me to be out of her sight for 10 days, and in a foreign country at that! There I plan on being as camp as I can whilst bathing in the sun and peeving on hot Spanish men! But I have to look the part don't I! And that is where the last minute holiday prep comes in. On June 1st I start the soup diet, a diet that quite clearly states the food consumed within the three weeks I plan on doing it. Soup, fruit and water. Add on exercise to that mix and I'm going to be an angry mess but it will be worth it when I go and buy my holiday clothes. A 32kg bag allowance means I can buy loads of new clothes- preferably from River Island and other top high street stores- and try and experiment with a new look for summer, whilst stocking up on comparatively cheap vodka; because for me, this summer will be the best of my life. So I have to man up and look the part in order to achieve the goals I set myself in January, 2013. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment