Saturday 29 June 2013

You will be happy.

It's been a funny few weeks! I recently finished college and in the week after me leaving I had one crazy time! So crazy my bank balance doesn't remember what happened, and neither do I! Tomorrow I go away to Spain for 10 days with a group of friends and, surprisingly, I really just wanna drink but I just don't think that's good to be on the agenda 24/7!

It may sound like I'm absolute alcoholic but I can assure you I am not! A good friend of mine recently said to me "enjoy these few weeks, relax and unwind" and she is so totally right! I have spent 13 years solidly working towards greatness within my education so why can't I have a crazy few weeks and do things that I regret? Because I suppose, when you think about it, the saying 'You're only young once' is so true, and so apt right now! These next few weeks are essentially the calm before a storm. August 15th is the day we get out A-Level results and is the day I decide if I actually go to uni or not, which in essence is my future, my life. I don't know where I'm headed from here! After this holiday I reach the horizon, the goal, the inventive to continue on and trudge through.

I don't just unwind with a 2ltr bottle of Smirnoff in my left hand and a fag in the other, oh no! Yesterday I went watching one of the most inspiring and uplifting yet heart rending productions of Tim Firth's "Calendar Girls". I had such a fabulous time watching this seemingly high budget amateur production in Wigan's own Wigan Little Theatre. I have been lucky enough to watch every single play they have put on in the past two years, and have renewed my season ticket once more for a third year because the actors who perform here are too notch, and I think to myself "I'd love that to be me up there" I spot parts that I could so have played, but I just don't know what to do. Do I go into a career in media, or do I stick to the life I have loved for the past two years; being a 'thespian'? Honestly I suppose I'll decide that on August 15th 2013 where my life as an actual, working, adult may start. But no matter where I end up in life I'm sure ill be fine, because the good friend of mine also once said to me "no matter where life takes you, you will be happy".

No comments:

Post a Comment